Healthy eating for all you lovers of lentils, a quick and easy meal to make using a slow cooker. Just throw all the ingredients into your cooker, stir and leave to cook! So easy!
- Red lentils
- Green lentils
- Tomato purée
- 1 carton of chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube - made up with 1 litre of boiling water
- 1 chopped red onion
- Add 1 cup of red lentils and l cup of green lentils, add rest of ingredients and stock, stir and cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hrs turning to low. Stir and add more water if too thick for your liking.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice as an alternative
- The good thing about a slow cooker is you can leave it on low till you are ready for it